Sunday, October 18, 2015

in my own backyard. . .

Last Saturday- on a warm October evening we hosted a party celebrating Sam and Mercy's marriage. A crowd of Texas friends filled our backyard and it was lovely- singing, sharing, dinner and dancing, all in our own backyard.

Then we hugged our friends and cleaned up the yard. Sam and Mercy went home to North Carolina- we miss them already. Sometimes it feels like my children flow in and out of my days like ocean waves (without the predictable rhythm).
But I imagine our children say the same about John and me!

I think I'm almost ready for the next thing. . . I've packed a bag with a book and a bit of knitting. This morning I'm off to California to lend a hand to a friend.

 In a few weeks I'll be back- John will be waiting and we'll eat breakfast in our own backyard.


No comments: